Community Manager - Canberra (54 Units)
Community Manager - Canberra (54 Units)CALCAP Properties
Phoenix, AZ 85018
QualificationsProperty management: 2 years (Required)
Yardi: 1 year (Preferred)
CALCAP Properties iscurrently seeking a genuinely committed and enthusiastic Community Manager to join our team.
Responsible for overseeing all day-to-day management of a multi-family community while achieving the company’s financial goals. The ideal candidate is customer service oriented, has solid financial analysis skills, excellent leasing skills, strong written and verbal communication and a high level of professionalism. Administers and maintains all phases of community operations to include personnel functions, leasing activity, maintenance, monitoring market conditions, budget control, advertising, and resident relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies and addresses issues associated with a supervisory position.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates on-site employees.
- Provides staff with direction, guidance, and tools for performing well.
- Performs a variety of tasks in a calm and controlled manner.
- Plans and schedules work in advance.
- Reaches decisions quickly based on available information.
- Takes the initiative to research and complete projects.
- Acts as an innovative and/or creative source to consider solutions to problems.
- Provides clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site staff.
- Develops an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the company.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis
Performs duties to attain the highest levels of resident service:
- Responds promptly to employees/customers’ needs and concerns.
- Determines the needs of customers while being pleasant, cheerful and tactful.
Performs a variety of duties associated with payroll/financial reporting and monitoring:
- Negotiates to maximize the benefits for the organization.
- Processes and approves payment of invoices pertaining to the maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Ensures the completion of various daily, weekly and monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews reports and makes operating recommendations.
- Monitors Budget Control Log and regularly reports variances.
- Reports or offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, contract developments, and negotiations, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of time sheets for their team.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions.
- Prepares and follows guidelines of the community operating budget and make recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
Performs a variety of duties associated with leasing/marketing and community functions:
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Analyzes and monitors the community market conditions to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Ensures that staff is implementing resident retention (Raving Fans) and renewal programs to build customers for life.
- Supervises and ensures collection of all rent and other property income.
- Inspects property common areas, models, and vacant units on a regular basis and completes the community inspection report.
- Understands and complies with state landlord-tenant law and Fair Housing laws and standards.
Performs a variety of duties associated with maintenance and related programs:
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Completes regular community inspections.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Two plus years of residential management experience, including supervisory responsibility. Prefer sales/multi-family leasing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent/college degree or related coursework preferred.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Other Job Functions:
- Makes recommendations and oversees the editing of the community newsletter.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops a rapport with the residential community.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested. Ensures all on-site staff has enrolled in and completed necessary courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works well as part of a team
Offers competitive compensation, benefits and bonus incentive.EOE
California Capital Real Estate Advisors, Inc. and its Affiliated Entities (CALCAP Asset Management I, CALCAP Properties, CALCAP Lending, collectively known as “CALCAP”), is a California based real estate investment company that strategically allocates capital across various debt and equity opportunities. The primary business includes the acquisition and management of income-producing multifamily assets, as well as originating business purpose real estate loans secured by single-family and multifamily properties in the western US. The CALCAP portfolio consists of various real estate investments held for cash flow and appreciation, as well as private money loans held for investment through the CALCAP Income Fund I vehicle.
CALCAP Properties is an affiliate of CALCAP Advisors that was formed in 2012 to provide professional property management services. We provide a quality experience for residents, enhance and preserve the properties we care for and help to elicit maximum value for the property investor/owner. We provide investment, renovation and property management expertise to successfully implement and oversee value-add strategies; Incorporating best in class technology to improve performance and cash flow.
CALCAP’s Core Values:
- Open to Change
- Team First
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- This property is run by one Community Manager and one Maintenace Technician, will that work for you?
- Property management: 2 years (Required)
- Yardi: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location