Vice President, Development - Phoenix
Vice President, Development - PhoenixMilhaus Development LLC
Milhaus is an award-winning, mixed-use development, construction, and property management company that specializes in Class A, urban, multifamily residential buildings. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Milhaus is comprised of inspired and industrious individuals who are passionate about the development of mixed-use and multifamily communities. We provide exceptional customer experiences and create solutions for neighborhoods that positively impact communities by providing unparalleled expertise in real estate, investment, development, construction and management.
The Vice President of Development (VPD) is responsible for the creation of pipeline and the execution of Milhaus development projects. This instrumental leader works with the overall Milhaus team to deliver Milhaus projects on time, on budget, leased, and at quality. The VPD uses keen knowledge of the market(s), management, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills in order to manage a team and a range of specific projects to grow the portfolio of Milhaus Development.
- Creates annual market business plans/budgets to include specific market strategies, product-type focus, and gaps in inventory; defining pipeline goals by timing, unit/production, and dollar volumes; sets pre-stabilized lease-ups and budget goals; supports corporate initiatives of the region/market and creates staffing plans.
- Drives pipeline and business development to secure sites, obtain entitlements, and meets the pipeline goals for the market.
- Collaborates with the team to create each project vision and ensure the implementation and execution of the project details from the pre-development phase to the lease-up of the project.
- Serves as a representative on the Milhaus Regional Leadership Team
- Attends regular project meetings in concert with the contractors and design teams until construction commences.
- Ensures finance packages, market studies, proposals, and RFP’s/RFQ’s are accurate and timely by working with other team members.
- Prepares and drives the projects investment committee process and ensures that it stays at or above approved financial returns with responsibility through construction turnover.
- Keeps approved projects on track for the budgeted start date.
- Ensures seamless handoff of projects from development to construction to property management.
- Operates within the policies and procedures of the Milhaus development department.
- Works with Development Associates and other Milhaus staff to ensure that all dashboards, reports, budgets, and proformas are accurate and timely.
- Establishes and maintains key relationships with market professionals, municipalities, and key relationships.
- Represents and promotes the Milhaus brand in public forums, industry events, and blogs.
- Active brand ambassador for Milhaus and highly engaged in the community, political arena, and local, regional, and national industry organizations.
- Presents projects and/or capital requests to investment committee for approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally specializing in Business, Real Estate, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Planning.
- Advanced degree is preferred in law, urban planning, or business.
- Significant work experience in real estate development, investment, planning, or construction.
- Experience with managing and negotiating deals / contracts.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must have a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
We stand as one team dedicated to transforming neighborhoods. Through transparency and collaboration, we empower our people to lead. Bikes are our allies, local food is our addiction and entrepreneurship inspires us. First impressions are set by our energy and passion, not suits and ties. We embrace the changing ideal of what people call home.
Integrity. Execution. Innovation. Collaboration.
By joining us at our corporate office in downtown Indianapolis or onsite at one of our many properties, you’ll be provided the opportunity to grow your career and become part of a team that truly makes a difference.