Officer, Safety & Security
Officer, Safety & SecurityIron Mountain
Phoenix, AZ 85067
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
As a trusted partner to our clients there is a requirement that our Mountaineers must be vaccinated.
The Officer, Safety & Security has the task of monitoring and safeguarding the human assets, intellectual property, integrity, reputation and physical assets to ensure continuity of operations. The Officer, Safety & Security may be one of the first Iron Mountain employees that many customers and visitors will encounter. The demeanor, appearance and professional attitude that the Officer, Safety & Security displays with customers, clients or visitors will significantly impact their initial impression of Iron Mountain. Strict adherence to the security and safety policies by these Officers will help establish and maintain a safe and secure working environment for customers and will reinforce Iron Mountain’s commitment to both security and total customer satisfaction.
Control and monitor daily entry and exit of individuals and vehicles into and out of the facility addressing both safety and security concerns. Prevent unauthorized individuals and/or vehicles from entering the facility.
Monitor security and fire alarm system as well as designated CCTV covered assets and respond to alarms and/or potential security breaches in accordance with established procedures.
Conduct routine visual inspection of key assets and locations within the facility through scheduled roving foot and vehicle patrols, both inside and on the outside perimeter of the facility, throughout the year and in all weather conditions. Position requires the need to provide specific direction to others with regard to compliance with rules and regulations of the facility, particularly with regard to the entry and exit procedures.The position also requires the ability to take charge and provide clear direction to all visitors and clients employees in the event of a safety or security related situation (i.e. fire or emergency evacuation).
Assist customers, tenants and visitors as needed with safety and security issues and concerns, as well as with directions and general guidance regarding facility.
Appropriately document any significant security and safety incidents and complete reports in accordance with established policy and procedures.
Perform badging access for all customers, visitors, vendors, contractors, in accordance with visitor entry request documentation.
The ability to quickly and effectively assess and de-escalate situations which may present a threat to the safety or security of anyone within the facility is paramount.
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Officer, Safety & Security will have daily interactions with all individuals who enter the facility, including customers, employees, visitors and clients. The Officer, Safety & Security must maintain a professional demeanor and interact with these individuals in a courteous and professional manner, providing clear instructions and alleviating any confusion regarding policies and procedures. The responsibilities of the Officer, Safety & Security position inherently requires daily face-to-face dialogue with a wide variety of individuals and personalities ranging from entry-level customers and employees to corporate executives and occasionally high-level government officials.
- Quick situational assessments and decision making is necessary to maintain the safety and security of the facility.
- Able to learn and understand basic computer networking and database concepts, maintain knowledge of physical access control systems, CCTV, and other related systems and equipment, and understand life safety issues.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, administrative, and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast pace and changing environment.
- Ability to learn and collaborate with Operations, IT, Real Estate, Procurement, HR, and Legal.
- Familiarity with Data Center environment preferred.
- Candidates should have the skills and knowledge to assist in direct customer facing activities.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow documentation written in English.
Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, lifting 20 lbs, bending. Ability to handle rotating shift work. The Officer position requires an average to above average level of physical fitness. The Officer must have the physical and mental capability to become involved in a physical altercation if necessary to prevent an assault, disrupt a fight, handle a disruptive or combative employee or prevent an unauthorized entry. Vehicle and foot patrols required. The position requires a great deal of time standing and moving from position to position, inside and outside of the physical building in a variety of weather conditions.
Category: Security Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE