Enterprise Product Leader II - Digital Mining
Enterprise Product Leader II - Digital MiningFreeport McMoRan
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner. We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the position shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Provide subject matter and advanced technical expertise and leadership to drive impact, performance, and sustainability for advanced analytics digital tools that influence mining and mineral processing operations. Lead large/complex teams to define metrics and tools to fully measure performance and business impact of complex, data-driven technology. Responsible for end-to-end strategic ownership and sustained adoption of enterprise-wide advanced analytics technology and processes. Work closely with business, engineering, and technology team members, relevant executive and corporate leaders, site GMs and leaders, and others, to frame a problem, scope work, shape a solution, challenge the status quo, ask questions to drive innovative thinking, and capture value. Leverage Agile management practices and values to support sustainment and improvement opportunities.
- Set strategy to proactively collaborate on the scope, vision, and roadmap for complex, data-driven technology in alignment with stakeholder needs. Align and enable a team to achieve strategic goals. Continuously evaluate progress against a strategic vision in the form of roadmaps, objectives, and key results. Identify key process indicators to track value and use them as a cornerstone for team focus, priorities, and value tracking.
- Provide subject matter and advanced technical expertise support for advanced analytics programs in coordination with other scientists, engineers, and subject matter experts. Translate industry knowledge for user needs into clearly defined action items for the team. Identify opportunities to develop and sustain complex, data-driven technology by taking relevant feedback from users and defining clear objectives for technical support teams. Encourage rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Lead other scientist, engineers, and subject matter experts to define and drive development and sustainability of complex, data-driven technology, and advanced analytic digital tools. Build, refine and maintain a prioritized backlog through methods such as value complexity matrixes, customer/user surveys and touchpoints. Lead cross-functional relationships creating a safe culture for embracing change, strong collaboration, openness, and team accountability.
- Lead and supervise customer centric activities to understand user pain points seeking to increase the adoption and value delivered from data-driven technology. Translate innovation and creative solutions into a vision that delivers clear business and end user impact. Actively analyze top global industry and non-industry trends to systematically generate and prioritize innovative ideas.
- Prepare for and lead status meetings with leadership and other stakeholders and craft explanations according to audience. Prepare reports and lead presentations to communicate with partners, and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as requested
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and eleven (11) years of related technical or engineering experience, including supervisory or lead experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field (mining, chemical, reliability, mechanical, etc) and seven (7) years of related technical or engineering experience, including supervisory or lead experience; OR
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field (mining, chemical, reliability, mechanical, etc) and five (5) years of related technical or engineering experience, including supervisory or lead experience.
Proven knowledge of standard concepts, practices, technologies, safety protocols, and procedures across mine and mill value chain and site-specific operations
- Strong decision-maker and problem solver with ability to manage and lead teams to push analytics solutions in line with desired business value
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders with effective communications and leadership acumen, including top teams and junior colleagues
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical concepts, practices, technologies, protocols
- Impact-focused mindset and the drive to enable “the best day every day”
- Experience with designing or developing user-facing digital products
- Experience with an analytics-focused digital products and deep knowledge of data governance, analytics technologies, techniques and architecture Passion to challenge the status quo and devise analytics solutions with out-of-the-box thinking, collaboration, and a “safety-first” approach
- Embodies a creative mindset of abundance, discovery and partnership Not afraid to “roll up the sleeves” and seeks to go outside of comfort zone to learn and innovate – pushing teams to do the same in a non-hierarchical environment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment. As required work will be performed in a mine or processing setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required.
- Frequent travel to various U.S. mine sites and to international mine sites. Large amount of driving miles in Southwest U.S.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability