Designtex Sales Representative Arizona, New Mexico, and Las Vegas
Designtex Sales Representative Arizona, New Mexico, and Las VegasSteelcase
DESIGNTEX, a leading design and product development company that offers, innovative and performance-tested, environment enhancement surfaces and solutions. An inquisitive nature allows for us to be leaders in unique design, fabric technology, environmental responsibility and service. A Steelcase (NYSE:scs) company.
Incumbent must be a highly motivated self-starter who performs at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, and be an initiator and coordinator of all sales-related activities. Incumbent must provide customer support and feedback, share information and leads with team members, as applicable, and to help qualify the customer’s needs and position Designtex’s strategic advantages with the customer. In addition to successful delivery of products and solutions, the Sales Representative’s goal is customer satisfaction and business development.
- Represent Designtex’s point of view and specific marketing message in assigned territory.
- Drive Designtex’s revenue growth with acceptable margins through channel partner management, product knowledge and presence, motivation, and sales mind share.
- Actively manage relationships with principals of all A&D firms, Designtex resellers, and Steelcase Dealer partners.
- Represent Designtex’s products and services with client meetings, current library resources, etc. with significant Architectural and Design firms and client groups in assigned territory.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for assigned geographic area to achieve agreed to margin and revenue targets by product family and by channel partner.
- Execute appropriate key account penetration strategies and develop key vertical market initiatives.
- Ensure accurate reporting of bookings and billings for assigned geographic region.
- Track and forecast all key sales activity and opportunities by partner and account.
- Coordinate and manage channel partner performance against agreed to revenue and activity objectives.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of Designtex’s products and services.
- Participate with client group contacts in crafting customized solutions and strategies.
- Work with Resellers to present proposed solutions to customers.
- Assist in educating the customer on Designtex’s solutions and services in order to select the proper solution, or suggest refinements or additions to suggested solutions which may enhance customer outcomes or respond to newly defined customer needs.
- Assist in growing assigned territory by establishing relationships and uncovering new opportunities and training needs within assigned territory.
- Maintain customer sampling
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of successful territory sales experience within the furniture, textile, home furnishings or fashion industry AND/OR 3 years minimum interior design experience.
- Prior sales experience managing relationships, channel/dealer management and complex selling.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and people skills.
- High energy and positive disposition with orientation of achievement.
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Design-oriented with a focus in sales and a commitment to top level sales performance.
- Ability to develop and effectively execute on sales plans.
- Thorough understanding of the roles in decision making within targeted customer groups.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize relational database software (CRM) to maximize performance. Develop and deliver multimedia presentations in varying environments (e.g., small and large groups, tradeshows, workshops, etc.)
- Ability to successfully work independently in assigned territory, and remain an effective member of a national sales team.
Designtex offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.designtex.com and www.steelcase.com. Designtex and Steelcase strongly support a diverse workplace and welcome all applicants.
Steelcase and Designtex provide employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.