Building Performance & Rating Specialist
Building Performance & Rating SpecialistCuningham Group
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Cuningham is seeking an Energy & Building Performance Modeler to engage with various project types in a range of locations to support the firm wide goals of creating a more regenerative world.
We want you to help us set and achieve bold goals for our projects from kick off to execution. You will be expected to have excellent knowledge of various modeling platforms and an understanding of energy, daylighting, embedded carbon and water modeling. Well-rounded knowledge of the architectural process and delivery as well as supporting the construction process will add to your success. This role could be located in/near any one of our six office locations.
We approach design through a variety of disciplines and enjoy bringing both breadth and depth of knowledge to our five markets. At Cuningham, we believe that we can create enduring experiences for a healthy world. This attitude towards the built and natural environment gives us the energy to create change.
What you will do
- You will work closely with our Directors of Energy Analytics and Regenerative Design, they will guide and support your daily tasks both on projects and firmwide.
- Stay updated on current methodologies and technologies to achieve high building performance, and at a regular cadence share back that information to teams and the firm at large.
- Run modeling software analysis on project models at all stages of design, gathering data points and suggestions for improvement.
- Meet with teams across the firm to review and assess project scope, help define regenerative goals per project, then provide consistent support and analysis of the design development to ensure goals stay on track to achieve high levels of building performance.
- Spend time using the various software applications to analyze building performance at all stages of design, proposal, concept, design development, construction documentations, and construction.
What we look for
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Architecture or Environmental Design, preferred
- 5+ years of experience performing some, if not all of the building performance modeling analysis noted above.
- Experience with DesignBuilder, LightStanza, Tally, One Click LCA and Cove Tool, preferred
- Familiarity with LEED, WELL and Living Building Challenge rating systems, experience of project application of at least one of these systems, required. Certification in one of these systems, preferred.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with teams to enhance collaboration and creative problem solving. Supporting communication with clients to achieve regenerative goals.
- Energetic and passionate about furthering both your own knowledge as well as teaching others in the firm about best practices and new findings in high performance building.
Cuningham is a recognized design leader dedicated to creating enduring experiences for a healthy world. Starting a career at Cuningham means joining a team dedicated to projects that matter. With dynamic clients across 20+ markets, our firm is committed to environmentally sustainable and solutions-oriented design. Our creative, interdisciplinary teams cultivate the engagement of a smaller studio while providing the resources and nimbleness of a global firm — and we do it all in work environments that enable everyone to feel welcome and heard.
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21449468