HR CoordinatorHydro Aluminum
Phoenix, AZ 85043
Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
Job Summary: The Human Resource Coordinator ensures compliant and empathetic messaging to the leaders and team members of the Company. S/he provides on-site, frontline HR support guidance to all departments. This position is responsible for ensuring policies, onboarding and payroll are all maintained with the highest standard. The HR Generalist is an ethical, compliant and empathetic support partner to the HR team, plant leadership, and team members.
- High School diploma or equivalency a must.
- HR Certification or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience in manufacturing preferred. Prior HR generalist experience required.
- Manufacturing Human Resource is preferred.
- Basic understanding of FMLA, USICS, FLSA, ADA required
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Prior investigation process experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS (Ultimate and Success Factors a plus)
- Highly motivated, creative, and results oriented
- Outgoing, consultative, engaging with strong ability for follow through
- Exceptional influencing and change management skills-
- Ability to clearly identify and close gaps in compliance and engagement
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to extrusion industry is a plus
- Actively contribute to the creation of a safe, secure and healthy working environment and to the achievement of the Company’s environmental obligations and goals.
- Effectively work with hiring managers to ensure the highest level of onboarding
- Liaise between management and team members to resolve concerns
- Work with HRBP to develop engagement and retention activities that support the business unit
- Identify opportunities to increase morale and reduce turnover
- Report to Plant Manager and HRBP on people analytics
- Verify time and attendance records for accuracy
- Accurate maintenance of HR systems
- Follow corporate guidelines on the storage, retention and destruction of personnel data
- Ensure completion of annual compliance trainings, reviews and goals, and open enrollment
- Create a diverse and inclusive work environment that is safe for all team members
- Communicate and enforce all protocols outlined by the Company and state and federal governments
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
At Hydro you’re part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form below or by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix