Case Manager, Senior Intensive
Case Manager, Senior IntensiveCENTRAL ARIZONA SHELTER SERVICES INC
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Serve as both field-work navigator and Case Manager to identify and work directly with individuals who are age 55 and older and experiencing long-term homelessness or have significant challenges obtaining stable housing such as serious mental illness and/or medical vulnerability. Provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain and retain stable housing. This is an active and fast-paced role.
- Identify vulnerable seniors and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview;
- Review HMIS database for background information on returning clients;
- Assess client to develop effective case plan;
- To review task completion and proper documentation;
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction.
- Refer client to appropriate housing providers, and support in seeking income:
- Identify clients’ specific housing needs, their strengths, resources and potential challenges to obtaining stable housing;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Per agency guidelines, provision clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, etc.;
- Be readily available to answer questions, follow-up and discuss challenges and progress; provide walk-in assistance.
- Conduct weekly and ad-hoc follow-up sessions with clients to facilitate success in achieving their goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to assure client in adhering to the case plan;
- Assist client with applications and forms; make contact with other providers with and on behalf of client;
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals;
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system prior to end of each shift;
- Close out files.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Written and verbal communication skills; competent in inter-personal conflict resolution.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write complete and concise case notes;
- Desire and capacity to work in fast-paced, high-energy hands-on work environment;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
- This job includes outreach and some hours will be spent working out of doors;
- Walking and standing are required;
- This job includes driving an automobile;
- This job requires the manual dexterity to operate a keyboard and mouse.
This job primarily operates in both a public and office indoor environment however occasional off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.. Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and one-year of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Strong knowledge of 55+ resources;
State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one;
Valid AZ Driver License and a driving record that meets agency standards. Must have reliable transportation. Proof of insurance is required;
Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills;
Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 25 pounds unassisted;
CPR-First Aid certification within 90 days of employment;
Naloxone (Narcan) training within 90 days of employment.
Bilingual in English and Spanish.