Area Manager - Process (Mining)
Area Manager - Process (Mining)Worley
Primary Location: USA-AZ-Phoenix
Other Locations: USA-CO-Denver, USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2022
Unposting Date: Feb 24, 2022
**This position is based in Phoenix, AZ**
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
We are currently looking for a Area Manager - Process (Mining) to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Lead a team of Process Engineers in the execution of a project, including interfacing and liaising with all project personnel as necessary
- At project initiation, prepare review or check process discipline's portion of the Project Execution Plan, process hours estimation, planning and scheduling, and scope of work
- Assist with development and/or review/approve all process deliverables including process design criteria, calculations, simulations, PFD's, mass and water balance, P&ID's, LDT's, equipment selection and sizing, hydraulics and reports
- Monitor process discipline progress and prepare project review status reports
- Participate in project risk assessment process, identify risks, development workaround plans, and manage ongoing risks
- Execute interdisciplinary reviews of deliverables, and distribute deliverables
- Develop or review/approve process operation philosophy, control narratives and maintenance manuals, and safety analysis, and conduct training of personnel as requested
- Attend and participate in process hazard assessment sessions, such as HAZOP, HAZID, and Risk Revie and Value engineering
- Direct the project team in the creation of technical deviations, design decisions and code variances
- Participate in constructability reviews and incorporate findings into engineering and design
- Provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances
- Forward team achievements, and participate in employee performance reviews and team recognition activities
- Participate in the Worley Quality Improvement and Health, Safety and Environmental programs
- Be a part of value engineering, optimization of process plant, and 3D model reviews
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
- 10 -15 years of experience, with at least 5 years in an EPC environment
- Operation experience is an asset
- Lead experience or capability of leading a team of process engineers
- Relevant experience in grinding, flotation and dewatering
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be able to interface directly with our clients in a competent and confident manner
- Knowledge of process engineering workflow and the production of Process Engineering deliverables such as: PFDs, P&IDs, LDTs, Mechanical and Instrument Datasheets and Study Reports
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.