Sr. Program Manager - Mission Critical
Sr. Program Manager - Mission CriticalE2 Optics
E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems. Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business, employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values to be a better business and better people, while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's largest and fastest-growing companies.
The Sr. Program Manager – Mission Critical will be primarily responsible for proactively managing the overall relationship with a strategic mission critical client. This position will manage national program projects impacting the critical infrastructure for the client's data center portfolio. The Sr. Program Manager leads complex, multi-million-dollar new construction mission critical data center projects and is responsible for identifying the program requirements, operational integrity, engaging with internal customers and supporting the program through the entire project life cycle. The Sr. Program Manager is also responsible for working with field operations for staffing the appropriate resources required to meet client expectations for fully functional systems, across multiple lines of business, and process for delivering on budget and on time. The Sr. Program Manager owns the process in terms of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and project close out. The Sr. Program Manager will be working in both new build and operational environments. Turnkey project implementation may include some or all E2 solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2's number one Core Value. Follow, and expect employees to follow safe work practices and company and client worksite policies.
- Promote company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Responsible for driving relationship strategy for E2 within the strategic account nationwide.
- Meet goals and metrics mandate designated by Executive Leadership.
- Develops and manages budget, forecasts and allocates funds appropriately.
- Oversees project proposals, contracts, finances and ensure profitability is being maximized.
- Acts as the primary point of escalation before escalating to corporate management.
- Develops strong relationships with regional and corporate customer personnel.
- Coordinates and runs monthly and quarterly presentations as requested by the customer.
- Develops Sr. Project Managers by:
- Providing training, coaching, and motivation
- Assist Sr. Project Managers in developing budgets and managing overhead appropriately
- Identifying areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Addresses customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Adheres to high ethical standards and complies with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Prioritize communication and collaboration both internally and externally.
- Coordinates with corporate human resources, information technology and administration as needed to accomplish business objectives and meet legal and compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with manufacturer and distribution partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business Administration or Construction is preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- RCDD certification is preferred
- BICSI Technician Certified preferred
- OSHA 10 required. OSHA 30 is preferred
- 7 – 10 years’ telecommunications/low voltage management and revenue growth experience.
- 10+ years construction/telecommunications/data center industry experience with strong background in multiple facets of technology.
- In-depth understanding of mission critical engineering requirements, such as data center design, construction & operations, infrastructure installations and quality and safety protocol.
- Proven project management experience on time, on budget, with safety and quality required.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting an environment of world-class client focus, transparency and collaboration.
- Experience with security, audio visual, videoconferencing, wireless communications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Decision Making and Judgment:
- This position requires the ability to assess information and interpersonal interactions to negotiate business that meets or exceeds client expectations, while providing a profitable revenue stream for E2 Optics.
- This position involves considerable decision-making authority and creative problem solving skills regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there may be no existing procedures or instructions for those problems.
- Strong leadership, human resources management and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.) and MS Project
- Ability to understand and effectively quote every aspect of the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross- and inter-connections, and testing.
- Proficient with reading and understanding blueprints of building floor plans and construction designs.
- Knowledge of data infrastructure industry including technology, quality and safety standards.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of the PMBOK Guides and Standards.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational, delegation, and communication skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Strong ability to work in teams and foster confidence in all.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.