Civil Designer/DrafterMcCarthy Building Co
Phoenix, AZ 85016
McCarthy is seeking a qualified applicant to fill a full-time Civil Designer/Drafter position within our solar group. A successful Designer/Drafter will create site plans and exhibits using AutoCAD Civil 3D to support the project team. The preferred applicant will have a strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow in their career. The Civil Designer/Drafter will report into the Civil Engineering Manager.
- Create conceptual site plans and supporting documents using Civil 3D
- Produce preliminary engineering documents and related material for estimating purposes
- Ensure proper dimensions of components and equipment through careful reading of specs or construction and engineering plans
- Communicate technical aspects of a project with other disciplines in the department
- Read and interpret topography maps, ALTA surveys, and other similar maps to determine project constraints
- Support the broader team in evaluation of new technologies to increase design efficiency
- Research and create concept SWPPPs for estimating purposes
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of AutoCAD experience
- Familiar with the techniques of creating surfaces for site grading using Civil 3D
- General knowledge of construction principles, processes, and plans
- Review a wide variety of construction documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Solid interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values: Genuine, We Not I, All In.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring strong work ethic.
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.