Project ArchitectGPD Group
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Join GPD Group, where our purpose is to improve the well-being of our employees, clients, communities and business partners by transforming opportunities into success. We are passionate about the work we do and the relationships we build with clients. Our employee ownership structure fosters a non-hierarchical collaborative work environment, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and creativity to the betterment of the organization and our clients. This structure also enables each associate to explore and expand their talents, reach their full potential, and deliver to the core traits that guide GPD group and allow us to deliver successfully for our clients.
For more than 55 years, GPD Group has been providing architectural, engineering and planning services to clients across the United States. With a diverse team of over 600 professionals working in 14 different offices, it is our passion for our work and our commitment to our purpose that unites us.
GPD is currently seeking an Project Architect for our Phoenix, AZ office location.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Architectural Designer or Registered Architect with 8-12 years of experience in the field of commercial architecture with a focus on multi-site, retail or restaurant projects.
- Experience in developing construction documents and specifications in the fast paced multi-site industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design required.
- Revit/BIM experience required.
- Building survey and construction administration experience preferred.
- Experienced and comfortable working directly with the client providing timely updates on project status, discussing project scope, etc.
- A demonstrated customer service focus.
- Ability to work within a team environment working with individuals from various offices and in various disciplines.
- Must possess experience in coordinating with internal teams, including project planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, professional writing skills and the ability to multi-task between several projects and priorities at one time.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Some travel required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Architectural design and documentation of retail, restaurant, and commercial building design including ground up, tenant fit out, and remodel type projects.
- Researching design solutions.
- Managing prototype documentation and tracking updates for the client and other consultants.
- Project scheduling and tracking.
- Meeting and communicating with clients daily/weekly as determined required.
- Due diligence including feasibility studies.
- Permitting research, submittals, and follow-up.
- Coordinating other field services such as land and building surveys, environmental studies, and geotechnical studies.
- Coordinating with our internal team of architects, mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil engineers.
- Project status reports and conference calls.
- Project Administration.
- Construction administration.
GPD offers a compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching and company contribution
- Vacation & Sick Time
- And much more…
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Disabled/Vet
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21575854