BIM Engineer/DesignerNorthstar Fire Protection
Job Title: BIM Engineer/Designer
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and we perform more than $1B of construction projects per year with over 2,900 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain dedicated, knowledgeable, and seasoned professionals to become part of the Shambaugh team, as we continue to build on our 90+ year Shambaugh success story.
At Shambaugh, we recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: Shambaugh & Son L.P. is seeking a BIM/Piping System Designer who will 3D model and detail piping systems, equipment, and components for local and national mechanical, plumbing, refrigeration, and food process projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with various engineering teams from concept through full 3D design of various piping systems and components
- Create drawings sets from 3D models for fabrication and installation of designed systems
- Must produce well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity, and correctness from sketches, flow sheets, verbal and/or written instructions adhering to team and discipline standards.
- Check own work carefully to minimize all deficiencies, errors, and omissions before going to QC and issuing to fabrication/field
- Effectively applies discipline design and detailing fundamentals in developing designs
- Assists with the production of specifications for designs
- Provide remote and local support to Northstar construction personnel in the interpretation and clarification of construction documents providing timely solutions to field problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Design or Construction Technology
- Responsibilities will include CAD development and modification of Process Flow Diagrams/P&IDs, 3D modeling of process equipment assemblies, and 3D modeling of whole plant process piping systems, detailing of fabrication and installation
- Software skills desired are AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Revit, Inventor, & MS Office
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must communicate clearly and effectively, in both written and oral work
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in United States
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled