Traffic Design Project Manager
Traffic Design Project ManagerWilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects, is currently seeking a full-time Traffic Design Engineer for our Phoenix, Arizona office. This person will work as part of our national transportation planning and engineering team, primarily serving state and local agency clients. This position will be responsible for a variety of traffic design related projects as well as maintenance of traffic plans.
Job Duties Include:
- Maintenance of Traffic – development of alternatives and design/construction plans to maintain traffic during construction of transportation improvements.
- Signing, pavement marking, and traffic signal design – prepare design/construction documents for permanent signing, pavement marking, and traffic signal plans based on MUTCD guidance and standards.
- Lighting and ITS design.
- Marketing and Business Development – Assist in the development of proposals to secure new business for traffic related work and as part of multi-discipline projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and mentor junior staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Effectively fosters relationships with team members and clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators.
- High degree of interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Understanding of the planning and project development process.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3d and MicroStation Inroads.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Arizona.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working in traffic design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3d and MicroStation Inroads
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in multimodal transportation planning, traffic engineering and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 15 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Wilson & Company is a federal contractor and subject to various health and safety regulations enforced by federal, state, and local agencies, as well as health and safety requirements of our clients. Wilson & Company is committed to complying with all regulations and requirements, which could include, but are not limited to, vaccination requirements, testing requirements, masking requirements, and personal protective equipment requirements. All regulations and requirements are subject to change, which could impact Wilson & Company policy and requirements for employees.