Senior CAD Designer – Water Infrastructure
Senior CAD Designer – Water InfrastructureWilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is seeking a full-time Senior CAD Designer to support our rapidly growing Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Team. This person will perform tasks related to the sustainable design of municipal infrastructure projects involving the treatment and supply of potable water as well as the treatment and disposal of wastewater and sewage. The applicant will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects throughout the company. If you are seeking an employer that will focus on your specific career goals delivering high-quality professional services, we strongly encourage you to consider this position. With top tier benefits, and the understanding of a real work life balance, Wilson & Company strives to provide a positive and productive work environment.
Desired Candidate Attributes:
- High level of subject-matter confidence and strong work ethic.
- Inherently strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organized, and able to engage in a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously while consistently meeting related budgets and deadlines.
- Attention to detail, with excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure design drawing packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and collaborate with project team staff to develop as complete and accurate of construction drawings.
- Produce high-quality work products and follow rigid quality control procedures.
- Assist other CAD Users update and maintain library of standard details.
- Assist other CAD Users in identifying and implementing new CAD practices as software and technology change.
- Apply and follow either client-owned or client-specified CAD standards.
- Provide leadership to deliver complete drawings within project budget and schedule.
- Maintain good familiarity with industry standards and methods.
- Develop pipeline alignments, profiles, details, and associated infrastructure designs from general written or verbal direction from engineers.
- Develop initial engineering layouts and creation of design drawings for pressurized distribution systems, gravity conveyance systems, treatment, storage, and pumping facilities.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Facilitate preparation and updates of engineering drawing packages that have undergone quality control reviews, and to properly document these reviews for compliance purposes.
- Assemble plan sets through coordination with multiple engineering disciplines and associated reference files.
- Perform quantity and geometry calculations in CAD environment to support designs and development of engineer construction cost estimates.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in drafting or engineering.
- A minimum of 12 years of CAD design experience in the water and/or wastewater engineering industry.
- Autodesk Civil 3D proficiency required – emphasis on using Pipe Networks, Plan & Profile generation tools, and the use of data short-cuts.
- Strong working experience with Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam Studio.
- Familiarity with other design platforms and applications (MicroStation, Revit, MEP 3D, Plant3D, ProjectWise, etc.) a plus.
- Experience developing CAD standards and procedures for a multi-user environment.
- Experience developing alignments and profiles of water and sanitary sewer projects utilizing 3-dimensional CAD software.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ of 500 professionals throughout 15 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers. Our Phoenix office has been in operation since 1982, and currently the focus of a corporate growth initiative to bring multi-disciplinary professionals together to practice their craft, to create value, and to accomplish great things.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Wilson & Company is a federal contractor and subject to various health and safety regulations enforced by federal, state, and local agencies, as well as health and safety requirements of our clients. Wilson & Company is committed to complying with all regulations and requirements, which could include, but are not limited to, vaccination requirements, testing requirements, masking requirements, and personal protective equipment requirements. All regulations and requirements are subject to change, which could impact Wilson & Company policy and requirements for employees.