Sr Designer, FF&E Reviewer (Hybrid HQ and Remote-AZ)
Sr Designer, FF&E Reviewer (Hybrid HQ and Remote-AZ)Best Western International, Inc.
Job Reference #: R3509
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
- This position works three days a week at our beautiful headquarters location in Phoenix. The job will also have the ability to work from home two days per week.
Essential Job Results
- Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards by providing members, and conditional applicants, with project design services.
- Meets Company and professional design requirements by reviewing member, and conditional applicant, submittals and plans for new construction or refurbishments.
- May visit properties, communicate required upgrades and update reports.
- Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers.
- Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures.
- Supports design programs by preparing preliminary budgets for client review.
- May provide transition support by working with new and probational clients.
- Makes recommendations on member matters. Maintains quality service by following Company standards.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in architecture/ interior design for commercial, industrial or institutional facilities.
- Hotel industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Interior Design or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require advanced proficiency in a specific application.
- Strong sketching and drafting skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Previous project leadership experience.
- May travel up to 10% of work time
- Based on Headquarters location in Phoenix, AZ with option to generally work remotely up to 2 days per week.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
- Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
- 401K - company match and direct contribution
- Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
- Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.