Native Traditional Healing and Spiritual Advisor
Native Traditional Healing and Spiritual AdvisorNative American Connections
Phoenix, AZ 85020
We require all new employees to be fully immunized against COVID-19. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
The Native Traditional Healing and Spiritual Advisor will provide Native traditional healing and cultural counseling services to individuals and families enrolled in NAC programs.
- Works with clinical staff and Traditional Consultants/Practitioners to provide integrated, culturally grounded services to NAC clients.
- Provides groups and education opportunities to enhance substance abuse recovery through Native American cultural practices; i.e. White Bison and other curriculums.
- Provides Sweat Lodge and Talking Circle ceremonies as scheduled at NAC locations.
- Mentors and certifies others in traditional healing practices.
- Assist with the overall wellness program, including the planning and implementation of groups, and development of weekly schedule.
- Consults with clinical staff weekly to include cultural issues in the treatment planning process.
- Documents cultural services in the clinical record.
- Conducts and records any individualized cultural services.
- Participates in case staffing, as a member of the treatment planning team.
- Participates on the Cultural Committee two times per year.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpersonal Communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Screening and Assessment
- Care Planning and Care Coordination
- Quality of Work/Intervention
- Cultural Competence and Adaptation
- Systems Oriented Practice (Work Efficiency/ Punctuality/Attendance)
- Practice-Based Learning and Quality Improvement
- Professional Behavior- Attitude/Enthusiasm
EDUCATIONAL/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- AA Degree preferred
- Recognized by an Indian Community or Tribe as a cultural leader
- Two (2) years’ experience providing Native American cultural services or instruction in a behavioral health or health care setting.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate within 90 days of hire
- Bilingual - Spanish desired.
- Understanding of diverse Native American spiritual and cultural practices
- Basic understanding of substance abuse counseling and recovery issues
- Knowledge of group counseling facilitation & behavioral health documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem- solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team approach.
- MS Office proficiency
- Able to sit, stand walk with/ without accommodations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE: Preference is given to qualified Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will be necessary.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Native American Connections is a drug-free workplace with safety-sensitive jobs. Use of alcohol and legal or illegal drugs may impair and alter employees' judgement resulting in increased safety risks, workplace injuries, and faulty decision making. Reporting to work at NAC after use of alcohol, a controlled substance, or abuse of any other substance is absolutely prohibited.
Job Type: Full-time