Job TypeFull-time, Part-time
What a Career at LifeWorks Means for You
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
US Remote Tele-counselor provides EAP and Gambling assessments, short-term counseling, crisis intervention and case management services to clients over the telephone.
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
LifeWorks employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
The Tele-counselor provides EAP and Gambling assessments, short-term counseling, crisis intervention and case management services to clients over the telephone.
Counseling Responsibilities (80%)
- Provide assessments and short-term counseling services using a brief solution focused model- EAP, Gambling, Special Helplines (FRAP), mandatories.
- Provide telephone consultations related to crisis or assessed urgent situations when required. Assess client needs and, record client information.
- Counseling is provided within a 50-minute session and documentation takes place during the balance of the counseling hour with 10 minutes at the end of each session dedicated to notes.
- Provide clear concise information to clients regarding the EAP Services and Gambling Services.
- Where required, ensure correct number of first appointments offered available as per targets
- Consult with other counselors and supervisors as appropriate.
- Refer clients to appropriate internal and external resources as required.
- Establish and maintains case files and other pertinent client documents.
- Be an active member of a clinical team, participating in committees and mentoring as appropriate.
- Attend continuous learning sessions, training, and case consultations on a regular basis.
- Meet sessional, containment, and other targets as defined by the Clinical Manager
- Meet all requirements as set out in company Clinical Manual
Team and Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- Use of computer systems, for booking client appointments, retrieving relevant organizational information, and communicating with internal customers.
- Participate in ongoing supervision with the Clinical Manager or Clinical Supervisor.
- Participate in regular team meetings including professional development opportunities both internal and externally as appropriate.
- Complete detailed case notes for all clients.
- Submission of files as per clinical policy.
- Must keep updated of relevant regulatory and legislative developments
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Act as an ambassador for the service internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned.
Succeeding as a Mental Health Tele-counselor will require the following core qualifications and skills
Master’s degree from an accredited university program in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counseling/Education, or related field.
Must be clinically licensed i.e., LCPC, LCSW (as applicable to applicant’s state of domicile).
- Excellent communication, problem solving, collaboration, cultural competency, interpersonal, self-care, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer).
- Preference will be given to candidates with training/experience in brief solution focused counseling and substance abuse treatment through volunteer, academic or work experience
- EAP and prior telephone counseling experience are assets.
- Excellent communication, consulting, and case management skills
- Previous Assessment, Crisis Intervention, and Short-term Counseling experience
- Familiarity with community resources
- Customer service experience
- Strict adherence to the ethical principles governing confidentiality/privacy legislation
- Excellent organizational skills and memory for detail
- Familiarity with Windows NT environment, Microsoft Office; basic typing skills necessary
- Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
- LifeWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually and look forward to receiving your application.
Benefits of Working with LifeWorks
- A permanent position with a competitive benefits package
- Defined contribution plan matching
- 15 days of vacation per calendar year
- Professional Development days
- Volunteer days
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
This is a permanent remote position; equipment is provided