Director of Revenue Management
Director of Revenue ManagementPhoenix Growth - Highgate Hotels
Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Establish hotel pricing levels in all segments.
- Responsible for the daily room inventory management process and daily pricing process.
- Monitor competitor rates, positioning, strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management.
- Monitor and communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they can effectively manage staffing requirements and increase efficiency.
- Analyze local events and activities and project the effect of opportunities they create.
- Understand the macro and micro-economic variables affecting supply and demand in the local marketplace, and use this knowledge to create accurate operational and financial room revenue forecasts.
- Perform unconstrained demand analysis to determine optimal business mix.
- Responsible for all short and long term forecasts including Weekly Forecasts, 30 60 90 Forecasts, In the month forecasts, and Full year forecasts.
- Oversee process for evaluating all opportunities for contracted business (group, wholesale, corporate negotiated, etc.) presented through the Sales department. Ensure that process enables high speed of response while maximizing profits.
- Responsible for the maintenance of any software programs which contribute to the management of rooms revenue, including the CRS, RMS, PMS and Sales & Catering system.
- Monitor RevPAR index on STR report and provide critical analysis of performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare annual Rooms revenue budget.
- Chair weekly Revenue Strategy meetings in order to formulate and disseminate strategies and tactics. Ensure that prior decisions are re-visited in this forum in order to evaluate their effectiveness and promote learning.
- Prepare and present quarterly presentations to ownership.
- Ensure all distribution channels have correct content and pricing.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the market manager of Third Party Intermediaries to maximize the opportunities with these channels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other market Directors of Revenue to create a network of peers in your community
- Coordinate survey activities involving marketing and service opportunities to further enhance revenue potential.
- Actively develop all subordinates, ensuring that they have opportunities to grow their Revenue Management and leadership skill base through personal attention, internal/external training and participation in industry events.
- Responsible for Internet Marketing such as pay per click campaigns, e-mail blasts, GDS advertising, etc.
- Establish and communicate sales strategy for day, week, month and rolling 12 months.
- Communicate any strategy changes or update any calendars for the sales team to use.
- Analyze prior night successes: Was there a sell out? Were the right decisions made for overselling? Address the opportunities in Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) morning meeting.
- Place test calls to Central Reservation Office (CRO) and property to ensure accuracy of rate quoting, restrictions and selling approach.
- Manage and communicate group cut off dates. Run a group rooms control log (GRC) as well as pick up report from Property Management System (PMS) for 90 days. Verify pick up to actual block, cut off date, and whether or not you should extend, etc.
- Update the Daily Market Segment Analysis (DMSA). Ensure accuracy from the daily Flash Report. Review actual performance versus Potential performance.
- Complete all required month end reports with detailed analysis. If necessary, complete action plans to create additional production/revenue.
- Review Agency 360 reports for trends, booking windows and sources of business as well as rates compared to competition.
- Review volume account production with Transient Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
- At least 4 years experience in the Revenue Management field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Hotel or Hospitality Management or closely related field
- In-Depth knowledge of all industry reports such as STR, Agency 360, Demand 360, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work quickly in a high-pressure & high stress environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional with details and follow up
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, birth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.