Success Coach – Engagement Specialist (Engagement Focused)
Success Coach – Engagement Specialist (Engagement Focused)Arizona Call-A-Teen Youth Resources Inc.
Phoenix, AZ 85003
The Success Coach- Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing a single point of access for youth and young adults to formally receive information on ACYR's menu of services. Responsible for generating new student leads who are interested in enrolling in the programs. The Success Coach also qualifies prospective students according to given program criteria, conducts and helps them through the entire application process and maintains communication with the students to retain interest in the services until they start class.
The Success Coach will be able to connect quickly with students and with internal and external partners in a poised, informative and enthusiastic manner and will be capable of stimulating and motivating others while being responsive and aware of their needs and concerns. This position entails working at a very fast pace with frequent interruptions and will require working both independently and collaboratively at times in order to complete tasks. Additionally, they must be compassionate and empathetic and truly wants to help others.
This position requires individuals to maintain a flexible schedule.
Key Result Areas/ Essential Functions
Engagement Activities 50% - Effectively engage with the community, partners and potential students to recruit and enroll them in ACYR services.
- Conducts information sessions
- Advises students
- Conducts registration and general assessments
- Help youth identify appropriate education and career goals
Partnerships 5% - Building and maintaining collaborative relationships to recruit for services and enhance services to ACYR youth/students.
- Maintain partnerships and collaborations within the community to provide opportunities for youth
- Work cooperatively with outside agencies and individuals to link youth to available and appropriate services
- Foster partnerships and coordinate activities to recruit and engage with potential students
- Coaching 30% - Provide Coaching Activities to assist students with meeting all goals and outcomes
- Provide resources to youth/students as appropriate and available.
- Assist with job search activities and coaching for job retention.
- Facilitate co-enrollment between programs
Workshops 10% - Provide workshops and connect youth/students with Employment Opportunities
- Provision of employment skills training workshops
- Assist with developing appropriate workshops
- Connect students/youth with appropriate employment opportunities
Marketing 5% - Utilizing techniques that attract and engage key stakeholders.
- Assists with the maintenance and update of materials for outreach, recruitment and enrollment
- Participate and interact with ACYR social media pages
- Engagement Activities 50% - Effectively engage with the community, partners and potential students to recruit and enroll them in ACYR services.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related field, one of which includes recruitment, sales or marketing experience. or any equivalent combination of relevant experience in lieu of college degree.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Understands and utilizes positive youth development practices in all levels of work.
- Experience initiating/working/communicating in diverse settings with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and conducting group presentations targeted to diverse audiences.
- Experience in developing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Experience in strategic planning and decision-making principles and procedures.
- Experience in using organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
Must have a reputation for honesty and trustworthiness. Misdemeanor and/or felony convictions may be disqualifying depending on type, number, severity, and how recent. The background check will consist of a reference checks, employment, education, and criminal background search.
ACYR is an at-will employer and any offer of employment with ACYR is contingent upon a successful completion of said background check.
Valid Arizona Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card. Valid Arizona Driver's License. Requires use of insured personal vehicle for agency business.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This job description does not list every job responsibility and the employee may be asked to perform other duties as necessary. The incumbent's performance will be based in part on his/her performance of the duties outlined in this job description. This job description is not a contract for employment and the incumbent or ACYR may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, furthermore, ACYR has the right to change this job description at any time.