Development CoordinatorSojourner Center
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
The Development Coordinator is a team generalist with an emphasis on administrative duties including gift management and donor stewardship. The coordinator ensures donations are entered in an accurate and timely manner; creates unique acknowledgment letters for donors and responds timely to donations. Ensures data is accurate and reflects fund development policies, creating and generating critical reports. Interfaces with the finance department to reconcile data. Reviews, recommends and interprets fund development policies as related to donor database and donor interactions.
1. Enters and maintains accurate data on gifts, pledges, grants, donors, and activities in Raiser’s Edge; establishes and standardizes data entry protocols and reviews processes to ensure data accuracy; manually receipts check and ACH transfers; provides work direction to volunteers.
2. Takes gifts over the phone and enters them into credit card portal and donor database for processing
3. Produces standard and custom reports – works with staff to identify reporting needs and solutions.
4. Produces donor listings for annual report and other projects; pulls email and mailing lists for newsletters, invitations, annual report and special appeals; provides reports to finance.
5. Creates unique acknowledgment and stewardship letters for all gifts and various campaigns, ensuring timeliness and accuracy; responds to donor calls, letters or other methods of contact regarding donor contribution history, resolving questions or concerns using excellent customer service skills.
6. Handles tracking and reporting of in-kind gifts in coordination with the community engagement team.
7. Audits and performs regular maintenance of database system, making corrections as needed to maintain database integrity; updates user access to ensure database security; makes changes to Raiser’s Edge database structure as needed to reflect changes in fund development policy; ensures proper security measures and settings.
8. Creates and maintains a Raiser’s Edge user manual specific for Sojourner Center practices; performs Raiser’s Edge user support and training for current and new staff; assists Raiser’s Edge users with running queries/reports as needed.
9. Confirms accuracy of monthly pledge reminders and reports on overdue pledges, rescheduling, and write-offs; reconciles Raiser’s Edge gift entry with finance department.
10. Assists community engagement team with gratitude planning and execution for in-kind donors and volunteers, and, supports volunteer vetting procedures.
11. Provides general development team administrative duties as assigned, including assignments from community engagement department.
- Performs other related job tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies [Knowledge, skills, and abilities]
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem solving/critical thinking —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things; is compassionate and empathic; provides caring, quality support to participants, staff, and others.
- Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or challenging situations; demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings; their written communication presents data effectively and the individual is able to read and interpret written information.
- Computer skills – the individual demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word, timekeeping system, Internet searching, keyboarding, and ability to learn other specialized computer applications including donor database (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans; demonstrates thoroughness and monitors own work.
- Adaptability/flexibility—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Phoenix, AZ 85006: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location