Global Director IT, Aviation and Maritime Services
Global Director IT, Aviation and Maritime ServicesInternational SOS
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Global Director IT, Aviation and Maritime Services
MedAire, an International SOS company, has been a partner to the aviation industry since 1985. MedAire provides fully integrated travel health and security solutions to over 150 of the world’s leading airlines and more than 4,000 private aircraft including 75% of fortune 100 companies. Integrated solutions include real-time advice and assistance, training, equipment, and professional services for crew and passengers both in and beyond the cabin. MedAire’s MedLink and Global Response Centre, handle hundreds of thousands of calls a year to help crew and passengers manage medical and travel safety events in the air and on the ground with 24/7 access to emergency care doctors, nurses, and aviation security specialists.
MedAire is looking for a Global Director of IT, Aviation, and Maritime Services who is ready to join our Phoenix Arizona team.
The is an excellent leadership opportunity for an IT professional to support our Aviation and Maritime Services team.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The role has two key objectives
- Deliver an outstanding IT service for Global Aviation & Maritime and other business lines operating in America's geography (Medical Services), that both supports the day to day business operations and powers the commercial agenda forward
- Provides the single point of leadership for IT irrespective of function/group
- This role acts as a “bridge” between the IT function globally and the A&M (Business Line) stakeholders. It is bi-directional, articulating & prioritizing Business Line stakeholder needs to IT, as well as communicating and driving IT initiatives into the region. The role is a member of both Aviation and Maritime Leadership and Group IT Exco. The role involves driving and supporting both Business Line and Group IT projects as required to deliver exceptional business outcomes.
Key performance indicators:
- Business application – performance, availability, and roadmap that meets business needs
- Infrastructure management resulting in limited downtime and business impact
- End-User - overall end-user satisfaction with IT services (expressed in CSATs etc)
- Successful implementation of change projects to agreed business outcomes, funding & timing
- Committed IT Service Levels are met for the designated business unit(s)
- Maturity, stability, and capability of Business Line IT teams
IT Support / Service Delivery
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of IT Support across Aviation & Maritime sites to ensure service quality to end-users/clients is maintained at high levels
- Planning of new IT services and changes to existing IT services, including cost/schedule-estimation, risk analysis, and disaster recovery
- Establish the IT organization in line with the business direction and agreed on service levels. Leading the A&M IT team to high levels of performance and effectiveness
- Monitor IT service delivery levels and business satisfaction to ensure a high standard of quality and availability
- Manage the procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance, and effective use of IT infrastructure components with the Region
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services, ensuring that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support
- Ensure compliance to Group standards, processes, and documentation for data centers, including the optimization of data center space
- Management of all P1/Major incidents, coordination, and communication of business impact and resolution
- Proactive, hands-on management of “crises” when they occur, following the Crisis Management protocols
Customer and Business Partner Management
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in winning business and driving awareness of how International SOS meets client’s Information Security needs
- Ensure that business stakeholders understand IT service and promote financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value for the company.
- Engage and influence senior stakeholders to ensure the IT portfolio will deliver the agreed business objectives.
- Identify issues with portfolio structure, cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
- Notify projects/programs/change initiatives of issues. Recommend and monitor corrective actions.
Strategy and Planning
- Take overall responsibility for the development and implementation of a strategy for Business Line Information Technology. Coordinate IT and Business Line resources to meet specific business objectives and create value by improving the performance of the organization, while ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and international standards.
- Positively contribute to the overall strategy for IT within International SOS and subsequent planning for effective implementation.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the group applications and infrastructure programs and ensure alignment of the program objectives with business objectives.
- Take a lead / coordinating role on solution delivery for Business Line – coordinating resources across the division and the Group
- Support special programs (for example like Sea Farma) delivering creative solutions to aggressive timescales in order to support revenue growth
Information Security & Data Protection
- Take a lead / coordinating role on Information Security & Data Security for Business Line. Partnering closely with the Group InfoSec function and Group Data Protection function
- Ensure that all identified breaches in security are promptly and thoroughly investigated, that any system change required to maintain security are implemented, and that security records are accurate and complete.
Quality & Security Management
- Develop strategies for ensuring the quality and security of automated systems. Ensure that the policy and standards for quality and security are fit for purpose, current, and are regularly audited.
- Evaluate the critical risks to the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of IT-related systems and identify priority areas for improvement. Ensure that disaster recovery plans are in place to support business continuity planning.
- Conduct analysis of demand for services and influence stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services, initiating improvement in services, products, and systems as required.
- Drive benefits realization of Group programs across Business Line
- Own budgeting, estimating, planning, and objective setting for Business Line IT
- Provide advice and recommendations, based on expertise and experience, to address Business Line IT needs
- Drive significant improvements and measurable business benefits by identifying, proposing, initiating and leading improvement initiatives
- Contribute to the strategy for monitoring and managing the performance of Business Line IT-related systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.
- Review Regional IT service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepare proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service
- Contribute as an active member of the Group IT ExCo to strategy, planning, and projects
- Support, promote and help co-create group-wide governance and processes
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A sound technical background with a high level of skills in network, server, and desktop products.
- Demonstrated IT operations experience in an environment with multiple server locations (regionally distributed) and Wide Area Network.
- A good understanding of PABX and other communication technologies, in particular, cloud telephony
- Good knowledge of all aspects of networking and web-based technologies.
- Proven experience in systems administration.
- Experience of working in global/matrixed organizations
- Experience working in organizations leveraging third-party/outsourced services
- Ability to understand, integrate and assess information relating to strategic, operational, and technological issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrable project management and technology expertise and business unit knowledge.
- A high degree of commercial acumen and a strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal/negotiation/diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated planning, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Understanding of industry best practices and the ability to drive implementation of the best practices across business applications and infrastructure activities.
- Ability to develop and communicate short term and longer-term technology and operations strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with some ambiguity and rapid (managed) change
- Ability to work independently as a self-directed, self-starting, strategy-to-execution leader
- Ability to develop human resources by analyzing gaps and capabilities, leadership potential, and providing objective, factual and timely feedback and coaching
Required Work Experience
- 15+ years of professional experience, with 5+ years as a leader in an IT management/leadership role
- 7+ years direct working experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline.
- Project Management
- Excellent written and spoken English
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Up to 30% of international travel